Aktuálny čas: 12:29:20; Sobota 21.októbra 2017
nadpis s erbom

History

History of the village Lipové

The emergence of the village date back to 1921 when Daxner's colonization team established a colony of 72 families (in accordance with the Law on Land Reform) on land that belonged during the monarchy time to ugrian Kállnoky noble family, the colony was named Hodžovo (the village was named after Minister of Agriculture and later Prime Minister of Czechoslovakia Milan Hodža), the village was gradually built up and settled to the year 1926 (in this year acquired the status of the village). Private colonizers have beside national targets especially their own economic interests.
The beginnings were difficult, some of first settlers gave up. As land area od the Hodžovo village lays in area of so-called basin (low altitude), at the beginning in rainy years the harvest was destroyed by waterlogged soil - so the colonists had to dig drainage channels dewatering system

Gradually economical, cultural and religious level of the village improved. Eg. the bell tower of Evangelical Church was built and consecrated in 1926, consecration of the Evangelical bell tower , the brass band worked in the village the village's brass band , the voluntary fire brigadethe voluntary fire brigade , 15.8.1938 was completed (funded by the nationwide purse initiated and made by then mayor John Šenkoc and Rudolph Pajtinka) and ordained Roman Catholic Church of the Assumptionthe new-built church.

The economic upturn was interrupted suddenly in November 1938 - Czechoslovakia was forced to leave the southern districts of Slovakia (occupation of the southern districts of Slovakia by Hungarians due to Horthy's Hungary Vienna Award). Return of forcibly emigrated inhabitants was possible only after the Second World War.

Lipové experienced a period of appropriate economic development after the post-war reconstruction and the subsequent collectivization.

There was a rupture of the Danube embankment (on the Slovak side) near the village Patince and two days later near the village Číčov in June 1965. Water flowed in through the torn places at a speed and intensity - that it was possible to save only absolutely necessary things (livestock, crops and a small portion of the movable property). Flood_1965  The recovery period arrived after approx. three weeks-long flood. The state-organized work crews and other masonry craftsmen take care of housing reconstruction, of natural hazards, but restoration of another ruined things had taken years of hard work of inhabitants.

It slowly began to occur the stagnation mainly due to drain of young brain to work in cities during the 80's (and notably after 1989), but especially because of the declined importance of rural throughout society. Therefore, the current period can be considered as a renewal of life in this village.




More photos from the history of the village: